Monday, August 10, 2009

Whoso List to Hunt by Thomas Wyatt


Found an article talking about the poem that Wyatt probably wrote about Anne Boleyn.

Whoso List to Hunt

Whoso list to hunt, I know where is an hind,

But as for me, alas, I may no more;

The vain travail hath wearied me so sore,

I am of them that furthest come behind.

Yet may I by no means my wearied mind

Draw from the deer, but as she fleeth afore

Fainting I follow; I leave off therefore,

Since in a net I seek to hold the wind.

Who list her hunt, I put him out of doubt,

As well as I, may spend his time in vain.

And graven with diamonds in letters plain,

There is written her fair neck round about,

'Noli me tangere, for Caesar's I am,

And wild for to hold, though I seem tame.'


More info about Wyatt and this poem

No comments:

Post a Comment